The Hotel Oakland Village residents benefit from three phases of free health and wellness services available on-site at Hotel Oakland Village:
- Independent Living Phase (Phase 1)
- Assisted Living Phase (Phase 2)
- Skilled Nursing Level (Phase 3)
The Hotel Oakland Village provides these three phases of health and wellness services through five main components as follows:
- The 15 Village Health Education Programs and Health Groups that educate residents on many health topics relating to seniors and to fight the negative health impact of isolation among seniors. These programs include over 80% resident participation! Benefits residents in Phases 1, 2, & 3.
- The Village Health & Wellness Connection Built on the foundation of the 15 Health Groups, this program has almost 100% resident participation. The Wellness “Connection” provides each resident with a free, custom, interactive Wellness Plan that “connects” the resident to all of the free on-site health & wellness services that include Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Nursing Home level care. Benefits residents in Phases 1, 2, & 3.
- Hong Fook – on-site Adult Day Health Care Center (Community-Based Adult Services (CBAS): Phase 2 (Assisted Living) provides the benefit of multiple on-site medical professionals that offer Assisted Living and skilled nursing level care to frail Hotel Oakland Village residents that are at risk to be admitted to nursing homes. The Wellness Director and the Nurse Navigator provide “early detection” of residents in Phase 1 who have had a change in health status and often recommend going to Phase 2.
- CBHH at Hong Fook: Phase 3 (nursing home level care) offers enhanced skilled nursing care, through the many full-time health professionals, that is more comprehensive and supportive than the typical medical services available at nursing homes. This unique program includes the services of a Nurse Navigator and the large Hong Fook medical staff that specifically make home, hospital, and doctor visits. The Nurse Navigator also accompanies the resident to doctor appointments and follows a detailed preventive plan to keep the resident out of the ER and nursing homes. Hotel Oakland Village is the only senior community in Oakland to provide this free, extensive nursing home level medical care that is available to all Hotel Oakland Village residents.
- Expansive & Comprehensive Social Services provided at Hotel Oakland Village are extensive and available through the direction of:
Candy Pan: Community Manager – oversees the Hotel Oakland Village day to day management.
Nancy Lu: Wellness Director – provides a connection to all the benefits and services of the Health Groups, Nurse Navigator, Hong Fook (phase 2), CBHH (phase 3) through implementation of an interactive Health Plan (Phase 1)
Judy Fang: Service Coordinator – a social service staff person who provides information and referrals to access community resources and services to keep residents independent and ageing in place. Also does the translation of important documents and hospital return follow up and coordination with help of Wellness Director and Nurse Navigator. Judy also assists the Village Director.
Megan Jochimsen: Village Director – provides health topics and organization of all educational programs of the Health Groups. Megan runs the Health Groups, social programs and volunteer activities.
Christy Tran: Nurse Navigator – holds regular open nursing consultation hours, resident’s vital signs analysis, connects and coordinates with the Wellness Director Nancy Lu to develop and adjust health plans. Reports back to Wellness Director to develop and adjust health plans. Does home, doctor and hospital visits for CBHH clients at Hotel Oakland Village.
Jenny Szeto: Hong Fook Director – Phase 2 – provides Assisted Living / Skilled Nursing care so residents can continue to live independently at Hotel Oakland Village. Jenny oversees a large full-time staff of medical professional and administrative support. Jenny also assists in locating and providing health topic speakers and educators for the Village Health Education Programs.